MICHAEL & GWYNETH
PREPARE FOR THE HOLIDAYS
When it comes to all things fun and chic, Michael Kors and Gwyneth Paltrow are the ultimate style-setters—and the holidays are no exception. In addition to collaborating on an exclusive clothing and accessories collection for goop (Paltrow’s lifestyle site), the designer and goop editor-in-chief teamed up in Los Angeles to style a festive and fashionable soirée. Here are some top tips on how to master the art of the holiday party.
A few of his favorite tunes to get the party started:
1. Baby, It’s Cold Outside, Al Hirt and Ann-Margret
2. All I Want for Christmas Is You, Mariah Carey
3. Santa Baby, Eartha Kitt
4. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Michael Bublé
5. Last Christmas, Glee
6. Bette Midler (with Johnny Mathis) Winter Wonderland/ Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
7. The Christmas Song, Nat King Cole
8. White Christmas, Frank Sinatra
9. Christmas Lights, Coldplay
10. ‘Zat You Santa Claus, Louis Armstrong
1. In a mixer, combine the butter and confectioner’s sugar until it forms a cream.
2. Add the flour, vanilla and egg yolk. Blend well and chill.
3. Roll the dough into small balls and place onto a cookie sheet about one inch apart. Dip your thumb into the center to create an indent (Bea uses a thimble to avoid the nails). Place a small amount of jelly in the indentation. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Viola!
1. Shake the ingredients with ice in a shaker for about 3-5 seconds (you don’t want too much of the ice to melt into the drink).
2. Strain into a chilled martini glass.
3. Grate nutmeg over the top.
From flirty, feathered frocks to high-shine suiting, Michael shows you what to wear this time of year.
SET DESIGN & DECORATIONS: Stephanie Schur
ALL FLORALS BY: Botany Flowers